Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Color Block Swap


I have been making these fun blocks for a little over a month now. My first ones were for the swap that Margaret is running. I sent 40 off to that. They were so much fun to make that I started making more in most of the colors and surplus ones in the brown and red family.

Just yesterday I received my squishy package of 20 swapped blocks. I must say I am very happy with them. Margaret was really careful when she did the sorting to distribute the colors and weed out the poorly made blocks. She is a SUPER hostess. Now, since they are trying to even out the colors, I am going to try to make more in whatever color she got less of for the second part of the swap. Currently that is red and orange.




I am thinking of making a coffee inspired jacket with all my brown blocks.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the pattern of the ceramic tile on my bathroom floor. I've never made a quilt of it but probably should.