Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What's for Supper? Taco Bake

If you'd be interested in another recipe swap, Amy of Park City Girl is doing a blog swap of family dinner recipes.
Here's a recipe everyone in the family seems to enjoy. We made it for several evening meals this summer and had it for lunch once. It is came to me from my sister. With a few subtle modifications, even my husband liked it. I needed to disguise the sour cream and the bean have to be sprinkled only over the part of the dish, but those things are easy to change.

Taco Bake
1 to 1.5.lbs of lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 can black beans
1 package of taco seasoning (I used Ortega)
½ cup water
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
Shredded romain lettuce
Chopped fresh grape tomatoes

Brown beef with onion until done. Add water, black beans and seasoning. Pour meat mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with sour cream, cheese and crushed chips. Bake 18 to 22 min at 375 degrees. Top with lettuce and tomatoes and serve immediately.
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds good and doable too! Thanks for sharing :)

Phyllis said...

Hey Amy,

Where did you get that adorable pattern for the ornament square? I'd love to make some of those!

Thanks so much!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was so pleased to see the word supper. In the 1940's we called it dinner and supper for the mid day and late day meals. I don't know when it changed to dinner for the evening meal but I still can't get used to it.

Anonymous said...

Yumm.... I love dishes like this and copied it and will make it this week. I am tired of turkey already. :) Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.