Sunday, December 6, 2009

Four Seasons Holiday Swap

Revealed here is the quilt and ornament I made recently for Jeanie in the 4 Seasons Holiday Swap hosted by Margaret. It was great fun making fabric choices for the quilted gifts and now I'd like to make a version for myself. It will probably have to wait until my Christmas vacation as I'm pretty busy with work at school right now. Making the crazy quilt portion of the ornaments forced me to sort out most of my embroidery supplies, so I am getting anxious to get back into making this style ornament.

Check out the Flickr group pictures to see more of the lovely quilts in the swap.


(Click on the image for a close up view of the CQ stitching)
I did get the idea to submit the quilt photo to my school's Artsonia page and have some Christmas cards made up for my husband and I to send out this year. They will have the quilt image centered on the front and it will be surrounded with blue snowflakes. The cards will probably arrive at my house on Monday and I will post a picture soon.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Kathy,
Do you have confirmation that she has received this?
M

Terriaw said...

I love that mini quilt! Love the way the ornaments are constructed in the center. And I love that binding fabric too. What a fun swap!

Jeanie said...

Hi!
Margaret.....yes, I left a post on Kathy's blog on December 3rd and also on your blog on December 3rd, the day that I received her wonderful quilt! I would never forget to send a thank you for such a work of art!
Jeanie