Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays & Looking Forward to 2010

Hello fellow bloggers and readers. I hope you've had some nice holiday gatherings and have had the chance to get together with family and friends. Best wishes for the new year in 2010!
For one recent project, I used a bunch of red and white prints in the cutest little table runner. I will post more about it tomorrow.

I am looking forward to using up some of my red, cream, and tan fabric stash in a new quilt project. I will be doing a quilt along with Shelly P. She has made up a fabulous mystery quilt that goes along with her mother's 1951 diary. Along the way she will share vintage photos, recipes, stories, transcripts from the diary, and of course the directions to make the quilt.
The quilt along has its own blog called The Life of Hazel Ilene. You may want to check it out and join in!

I am getting excited to start another year of Thimbleberries Club. I have signed up to do the Village Green quilt in large throw size. It should be fun. I noticed that many of the blocks feature very cute houses. I've always wanted to do a house or school house quilt, so now is my chance. I kept up pretty well with the blocks from the 3's Company 2009 quilt, so now I will begin to sew those together.
I do have a large stack of RED color blocks from the 4 seasons color block swap this summer. I really should invent or design something creative for those 6 inch blocks. I also have so many wonky roses made up for a Little Bouquet Quilt and I need to get busy on that hanging too.
So much to Sew!!! I'd better schedule time to work on all these ideas in the new year.



No comments: