Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vacation Inspires Art!

I am working on developing some new art lessons based on the tall ships I saw in Duluth. 

 My husband and I happened to be staying in the canal park area, so we were able to walk right out of the hotel and save our spot for the afternoon viewing time.
Tall Ship Sailing into Duluth Harbor
  The ships were scheduled to sail into the harbor right after lunch.  It was exciting, and as you can see by the crowds of tourists; it was a very big event for the city of Duluth. 



To get this shot I stood on a very large iron ship anchor in the park.  For some of my other photos, I wandered down onto the rocks for a more unobstructed view.

The special cruiser bike belonged to the hotel.  I was able to ride it along the bike path for several miles on Lake Superior.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a bike that looked like this !!???

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

Cool shots of those ships! And I love the ship art. I have always wanted to try one of those cruiser bikes - looks fun, especially along the shores of the Lake.

Gina said...

Great photos and I love that bike

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Made In The South said...

Looks like a fun time. I have never seen ships like that in person. Oh and the bike...what a great way to get out and exercise. I wish we had bike paths. I have a bike but have not been on it in years...maybe I will load it up and go somewhere to ride this weekend.