Thursday, October 21, 2010

Coming Soon: Blogger's Quilt Festival



Amy will soon be hosting her now famous Festival for Quilt Blogger's.   It will be taking place  about a week from today.   Be sure to join in by visiting as many festival posts as you are able.  Or better yet, jump in by making your own post about a quilt and its story or history.  Be prepared for plenty of visual stimulation as you move from blog to blog.  There are sure to be many spectacular quilts to be admired.

Once again, I am reminded that I really got my start with this whole blogging thing because of how impressed I was as I visited so many postings the very first season that Amy began having Blogger's Quilt Festival.  It was after seeing so many wonderful blogs, I decided that I must have one of my own so that I could participated more fully when the next season's Quilt Blog Fest came around.  Perhaps you'd be interested in taking a look at some of the previous Festival Posts.  The Spring of 2009, Fall of 2009 and the Spring of 2010 are still listed at Amy's blog.  Have a great time exploring and meeting new quilt bloggers.

I have chosen my quilt and am in the process of writing up some details.  This coming weekend I will be doing a photo shoot.  I have something a little different planned.  You see, my sewing buddy has agreed to join me in the fun of making the post for Amy's special event.   I am looking forward to getting together with her to do the writing.  She will be involved in some of the photography as well.

A big thank you goes out to Amy.  She is amazing for getting the idea together in the first place and continuing to host this virtual quilt show. 

3 comments:

liz said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will certainly investigate.

Terriaw said...

I'm excited for the upcoming quilt festival too! I haven't decided which quilt to feature yet, but it's more fun to see everyone else's quilts. (btw, my shop is one of the sponsors - so fun) Can't wait to see which quilt you're featuring!

Heckety said...

Thank you for this info- I'm going to follow your links and visit. I usually notice this too late so I haven't joined in before!