Sunday, August 7, 2011

Using Red, White, and Blue Scraps

I've got to get back in the swing of things with the Colorful Scrappy monthly challenge.  I need to sew a couple of my string blocks to catch up on several months of color.  Summer vacation days are dwindling away and I want to get a few finishes within the next 2 weeks. 

I totally missed out on making blocks in pink, purple and yellow, but if I put it on the very BIG
To Do List, I think I can get something done before the end of August.


My mom pieced this pretty table topper and I did the quilting on it last week.  I did meandering in the background and over the center motif I did a combination of diagonal lines and curves from corner to corner.  It got the binding on pretty quickly because I used a machine button hole stitch to stitch it down.





I've been at school running the smaller tumbler cutter through the accucut machine.  I decided my throw for the white wicker sofa must be increased by several rows.  I want it to be nice and cozy and cover my toes when I use it.  I cut quite an assortment of red and white fabrics and a Bliss charm pack was used already.  Now I'll be adding a Strawberry Fields charm pack and I was lucky to find an early released pack of Ruby Charms, so they will be mixed in among those that are in my charm basket.


4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Kathy.

Love your Mum's table topper. Lucky you to have that wonderful cutting machine to use.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

april said...

Such a pretty table topper! I love it and love the red, white and blue colors. Looking forward to seeing your throw!

april said...

Oh yum and love those lemons! I wonder if that "help" would apply to my daughter's little apple tree too?

Ellen said...

The table topper looks great!