Saturday, September 17, 2011

Binding Tip

This morning I was sewing a binding on the edge of my quilt.  I am anxious to get it done and start using this beauty as the weather has turned a bit chilly.  My binding was neatly rolled, but it dangled onto the floor and was developing lots of twists from flopping around as I sewed.  I had to stop after turning the first corner and get to the Saturday meeting.  So I left the quilt under my machine.

At today's meeting, it was suggested that when you are sewing the double fold binding to the front of the quilt you could roll it and place it on an accessory spool pin and let it slowly unwind as you sew it to the quilt edge. 


The binding naturally unrolls as you sew it!  A magical tip worth knowing.

I got home and put it right into place and I love this tip!!!  Now I'm wondering how come I couldn't have learned of this sooner!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

What a great idea - I will have to try it out. It is a little annoying trying to keep the binding untangled.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful tip...thanks for sharing.

vivian said...

Neat tip! Thanks!

Leslie Anne Pease said...

That IS a great tip. I will definitely remember to do this.