Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hanging Basket


Lately, my hanging baskets have been filling in very nicely.  That purple and leaf plant has really taken off and it has been growing like crazy.  I am have clipped off some starters and plan to grow it over the winter so that I can use it in baskets again next season.


The purple plant seems to look equally nice with both pink and red flowers and so I think it is worth trying to overwinter a few pieces of it.  In addition, it seems to love the high humidity, because that's when it started growing like crazy!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, the hanging basket is lovely. It is so colorful and cheerful!

I was just thinking of putting some kind of hanging basket on our front porch.

Have a great day,
Barb :-)

Bev C said...

Hello Kathy,

Oh your hanging baskets look so healthy. Happy gardening.
Bev.xoxo

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

That vining plant is a Wandering Jew. They used to be very popular.