Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!



I love Christmas baking, but this year I didn't get too much done in the kitchen.  At a friend's house we made a double batch of pecan and shortbread cookies that were rolled in powdered sugar.  They were quite delicous and disappeared mysteriously.  There are other favorites I'd like to bake, but I'll probably get around to it the week before New Year's. 


Here is how the tree turned out this time.  I like it a lot, but haven't used this one for 3 years in a row. It was a little more work setting this one up, but the full shape is so beautiful. 


This is the tree skirt that I made many years ago, but it still serves its purpose well.  It can open out a little wider to show all 6 points .  I have one section overlapping another in this photo.



Hope you enjoyed the holiday look around.  Enjoy your Holiday Season!

Time to go and wrap a few gifts that we will take to my sister's tomorrow.

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love your basket with all of the gingerbread men. I like the tree skirt, too. Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

Everything in the basket picture is so pretty - the shelf, the basket, the teapot and the wall hanging - nothing is so cheerful as gingerbread men.

april said...

Love that gingerbread man potholder and your tree skirt is gorgeous!