Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sow Along




Just wanted to share my 6 blocks for a sew along with Randi at Barrister's Block.  She will be letting us know what the next 3 blocks will be tomorrow.


I love the one in the bottom center best!  It was made with some of my leftover Prairie Paisley fabrics by Minick and Simpson.  The one in the lower right hand corner is my second favorite!  Must do more blocks with a bit of Cheddar!  It's brightness is quite attractive. 

I am challenging myself to use up bits of this and that and I am going to try to make all my blocks from what I happen to have on hand.  I'll be using up some Thimbleberries, and Moda fabrics and whatever coordinates with those that is in my large stash of leftover scraps and yardage that hasn't been cut.  Perhaps I will get something special for the sashing or look for some special prints for the back, but my plan is to use up what I already hoarded.
 

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your blocks! It is a great project to use up the scraps. I have joined in as well and I am using blues/browns.

Anonymous said...

There are some interesting blocks and I'm always in favor of using what is at hand.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com